Saturday, September 1, 2007

Miles on my feet...

Today I walked 10 miles!! It was pretty decent and relatively pain free. Basically I just get bored after anywhere from 5-7 miles and then things have to start getting silly for me to push on through. Thankfully Jennifer is a good sport and indulges my silliness, however sometimes there is a price to pay for silliness on the trail...and that price involves too much distance between port-a-potties!!!!!!!!! I will leave it at that....ahhh good times.

I had a chance to meet a really neat gal on the trail today (but I didn't get her name unfortunately). She and her husband were out for a walk and we happened to mention the 3 Day training and I gave her my card. Really neat...she told us that her daughter's boyfriend's mom is fighting breast cancer right now. We'll add that special woman to our "Why We Walk" list and keep pounding the pavement for a cure.

I love how this 3 Day experience just keeps getting better...it's great to meet new people and share the excitement for a cure.

Walking on (10 more miles tomorrow),
Traci

1 comment:

Jenn86SS said...

Keep up the great work. We are all proud of you. :-)