Sunday, September 16, 2007

Training Plan Modification??

Well, I did not walk my 17/13 this weekend. Instead I walked 5 miles today. LOL!!! Not too impressive, huh? Ah well.

After chatting with my sister-in-law and fellow walker, I have decided to adjust my training schedule to better suit my life schedule for these last 6 weeks. We'll see how that goes. After looking at my calendar, it just doesn't look realistic for me to commit all of my weekends to super long walks between now and the event, so my plan is to keep putting daily miles on the feet and keep gearing up for the event, just at an adjusted mileage schedule. I think I'll incorporate some new trails and I am even going to squeeze a hike around the Wichita Mountains in I think.

Tara....I typically walk starting out at Bob Eden Park in Euless and it winds through to Bear Creek in Euless...there is a nice 5 mile loop that is not painful to repeat for longer distances. Thanks for the tip on the Keller trail...I might try that out this week!

Still trucking,
Traci


No comments: