Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Weekend Walks...

Well this weekend's mileage was scheduled to be 10 for Saturday and 6 for Sunday. My team mate Carisa joined me first thing Saturday morning and we headed up the street to knock out a few miles. Jennifer joined us (along with her sister-in-law, Kristen) for 0.6 miles, so that was pretty cool. Despite injury she made her way out into the heat and hit the trail to support the team....way to go Jennifer!

After about 6.5 miles Cory brought us a pit stop, complete with water, Gatorade, and snacks! Then, unfortunately, at 7.4 miles I had to call it quits due to some intense pain in the Achilles. It was really hard for me to make that call for the Bra Brigade to come pick me up...but Carisa was totally supportive and Cory was relieved to hear that for once I paid attention to pain instead of pushed through it...so he came on back and picked us up.

Today Carisa and I were scheduled to hit the trail at 6 am and I called her around 630 to check in and lucky for her, she was sacked out!!! So, I flew solo this morning and knocked out my 6 miles at a great pace..I even had one mile that was 17 minutes! My pace averaged out to be right at 20 minute miles, which is what the 3 Day folks like you to maintain, so that was pretty cool for me.

Since we walk mainly the same trails each week, it's fun to start seeing familiar faces along the way. Today I was encouraged by a really cool gal who runs the trail, and when she came up to pass she said, "there's my 3-dayer....keep it up girl!" That definitely gave me a nice little boost. Towards the end of my walk today I passed the Weenie Dog Brigade...two great gals walking 3 really cute dogs! We chatted for a few and I gave them my card...sign up and join the fun ladies!!!

Walking on and on and on!!!
Traci

No comments: